Are you looking to install mosaic tiles in your swimming pool? Whether it's for your hotel swimming pool or a pool DIY, mosaic tile can add stunning accents and make the blue water really pop.
Tile is also easier to clean and requires less upkeep. Low-maintenance options are important for high-traffic pools or pools that are surrounded by trees. If you have a concrete pool, you can also install tile around the waterline to prevent staining.
Here's how to get started with a mosaic tile installation.
Tile & Tools
When it comes to swimming pools, you'll want GAUDEA's high-quality glass, stone, and ceramic pool tiles. Select individual tiles for small accents. If you're going to cover a large area, purchase tile sheets. Just remember—no matter what tile you choose, it should serve the function of your design.
- Spot accents add interest to waterlines.
- Intricate tile designs can add romance to a private pool.
- For a clean, minimalist design, use large blue or black-and-white square tiles.
- Glass and translucent tiles are great for giving your pool extra shimmer.
- Go bold to fit a backyard oasis theme.
After you sort out your tiles and design, gather all the tools you need for the job. You'll want basic tools like a tile cutter and grout float. You'll also want to find a polymer-modified thin-set mortar made specifically for submerged applications and a waterproof epoxy grout (without sand).
Installing Your Pool Tile Mosaic
Make sure your pool is clean and sealed before installing any tile.
- Spread mortar to the pool surface and apply your tile with even pressure.
- Once you've applied the tile, cover your pool, and wait 48 hours.
- Next, take a sponge and moisten your tiles. Don't soak them, but get them damp. Apply grout with your grout float at a 45-degree angle.
- Let the grout sit for 45 minutes, then wipe your tiles of any grout residue and fingerprints.
- Let the grout cure for 24 hours.
Make a Splash with a Mosaic Design!
Creative tile adds an element of luxury to your space, and pools are no exception. Consider installing a pool mosaic design today!